ESHA COVID Policies:
The entire ESHA board has been working hard to get players back on the ice. We are all in this together and we need everyone to work together as a team. If we do not follow these guidelines, we will lose our ability to play hockey.
1) When will the season start?
This will be determined by our local USA Hockey district. CBHL league play may begin on 10/30/2020.
2) Will players be allowed to change in the locker rooms?
Currently under the CDC guidelines, players are not allowed to use locker rooms for changing clothes or change inside of the arena. Our locker rooms are being used as lacing rooms to put skates on, please refer to our "Home Game Team Procedures" document for details.
3) Will players be required to wear masks?
Yes, they must wear a mask at all times.
4) Will there be team water bottles?
No, each player must bring their own water bottle and are not allowed to use another players water bottle.
5) Will parents be allowed inside the arena?
One parent per Player is allowed inside during our 8U and 10U practices. All parents are allowed inside during our home games, please refer to our "Game Day Protocol" document for detailed information.
6) Will coaches wear masks?
Yes, any team official (coaches & managers) must wear a mask both off and on ice.
7) What happens if a player test positive for COVID-19.
We will follow all the CDC and USA Hockey protocols to inform players and parents if this were to happen. We are also required to have a Board Member fulfill the duties of a Contact Tracer within our organization.
8) Will teams be traveling to different states for games / tournaments?
Currently, it is recommenced that teams play within their local region. We will continue to monitor the recommendations from USA hockey.
9) How many players will be allowed on the ice for practices?
This will be determined by local guidelines as well as USA Hockey.
10) What will happen if part or all of the season is canceled.
ESHA will refund based on a prorated rate.