ESHA COVID Policies:
The entire ESHA board has been working hard to get players back on the ice. We are all in this together and we need everyone to work together as a team. If we do not follow these guidelines, we will lose our ability to play hockey.
1) When will the season start?
This will be determined by our local USA Hockey district. CBHL league play may begin on 10/30/2020.
2) Will players be allowed to change in the locker rooms?
Currently under the CDC guidelines, players are not allowed to use locker rooms or change inside of the arena.
3) Will players be required to wear masks?
Yes, they must currently wear a mask until they enter onto the ice surface.
4) Will there be team water bottles?
No, each player must bring their own water bottle and are not allowed to use another players water bottle.
5) Will parents be allowed inside the arena?
We have a meeting scheduled with the Talbot County Community Center on Monday 9/14, and we will have an update soon thereafter. However, our first week of practice will be under our current COVID procedures and parents will not be allowed inside the rink. The exceptions will be for our parent volunteer to conduct our temperature screenings, and up to two parents to help tie and untie skates for our 8 and 10 Us.
6) Will coaches wear masks?
Yes, any team official (coaches & managers) must wear a mask both off and on ice.
7) What happens if a player test positive for COVID-19.
We will follow all the CDC and USA Hockey protocols to inform players and parents if this were to happen. We are also required to have a Board Member fulfill the duties of a Contact Tracer within our organization.
8) Will teams be traveling to different states for games / tournaments?
Currently, it is recommenced that teams play within their local region. We will continue to monitor the recommendations from USA hockey.
9) How many players will be allowed on the ice for practices?
This will be determined by local guidelines as well as USA Hockey. We will know more after our meeting with the community center staff.
10) What will happen if part or all of the season is canceled.
ESHA will refund based on a prorated rate.